Anyone Interested in Summer Tutoring???
My name is Mia Traverse, and I am a student at Hamilton High School. Our band has been offered the exciting opportunity to go to London next year. I am looking for a way to raise money and thought to offer my services in tutoring to anyone interested.
I have been tutoring grade school kids this Spring on a limited basis and will be to offer more this summer to help students work on skills for the next school year.
- Age: All ages
- Subjects: Math, reading/writing
- Where Tutoring Sessions Would Take Place: Sussex library
- Timing: Will be determined with interested families
- Fees (all proceeds will go towards my marching band trip to London): $10/hour
- Personal experience:
- I have been advanced in reading for several years, and therefore could help with reading and writing at many grade levels.
- I often peer edit my classmates’ papers and could help edit writing assignments and provide suggestions for improvement.
- I have been in advanced math since 2nd grade, and I am finishing this year as a Freshman taking Pre-Calc I & II, which are junior/senior-level classes. I have experience helping students of varying ages, from K5 through high school students that were in my own math class.
- I have demonstrated problems to the whole class before, which included showing all the steps and the thinking process to reach a solution. I’ve also experienced various different teachers and their teaching styles, and I’ve many different methods to introduce a concept if a student does not understand the traditional way to solve a problem.
Contact: Mia Traverse – firstname.lastname@example.org
One of the services we provide to our parents is the School-Pak school supply program in which you may order all the school supplies your child will need for the 2018-19 school year.
School-Pak is a one-stop shopping service for your school supply needs. Based on our teachers’ school supply lists, School-Pak pre-packages all the supplies for you so you don’t have to go shopping from store to store in the summer. They take care of all that for you! Plus, you get personalized labels, Money from Home envelopes, and a Note from Home Pad to send notes to school. Also you will able to order backpacks and other school items.
Teachers love that kids are prepared for the first day of school and have high quality items (especially laminated folders that last the whole year!) You will love the convenience of taking care of your shopping needs before school ends and not worrying about school supplies when you could be enjoying the summer. Plus School-Pak returns a percentage of the sale to our school!
To take advantage of this offer, after June 4th, simply go online to www.schoolpak.com. Click on your state, city and school to place your order prior to July 15th. There is a discount if you order by June 8th!! You will need to pay to have the School Pak shipped directly to your home!
To celebrate the end of the year and all of the success that our classes have had in meeting their PAWS goals, we are excited to be welcoming Tim Hannig and his PRO-Kids show to Woodside on Wednesday, May 30th! Thanks to the generosity of Home and School, Tim will be doing 2 daytime shows (Grades K, 1,3 at 1:15 and Grades 2,4,5 at 2:15) as well as an evening show for families at 6:30 pm. Please note that the evening show will be different from the one that students will have seen during the day.
The Pro-Kids Show is a fast-paced, entertaining, one-man show with custom music, amazing illusions, hilarious comedy, ventriloquism, drama, and audience involvement. It is more than just entertainment. It has a message for students and families, revealed with wit and warmth. Throughout the unique program, the audience will be reminded of the importance of character traits like honesty, respect, cooperation and responsibility.
Tim has performed for Six Flags, The White House, and in England. He also the first person in Chicago History to win BOTH 1st Place and The People’s Choice Awards at The Chicago Magic Competition TWICE. Please join us for this special event!
See his website (www.pkshow.com).
Spring Marcus Theaters Fundraiser
Heading to the movies? Need gifts for Graduation, Father’s Day or upcoming birthdays? Consider purchasing your Marcus tickets, gift cards*, and gift certificates here! You will save money and support Woodside Home & School. Sale runs through May 11th.
How can you get FREE stuff?
- Get a $3 snack cash voucher to use at concessions with every two tickets purchased.
- Order over $300 and get 2 free tickets!
All orders and checks (made payable to “Woodside Home & School”) should be sent to school by Friday, May 11th for delivery via kid mail on Tuesday, May 22nd. Please make sure to write your child’s name, as well as teacher, on the order form.
Please contact Jennifer Bestor at JenniferBestor@gmail.com or (262) 497-6426 with questions or to make special arrangements for order pick-up.
* Gift cards can be used on FANDANGO.
Order form: http://marcustheatres.com/media/sales/fundraising/diamond-descriptiontally.pdf
Just a reminder, Family Fun Night is Friday May 18th!
We are in need of many volunteers.
- Ticket Sales
- Silent Auction
- Dunk Tank Monitor
Please go online to sign up: http://Signup.com/go/GwknwYC
Thank you! Questions? Email Sarah Catalano at email@example.com
Announcing the 2018 Mother Son event:
BOWL-O-RAMA at Sussex Bowl!
When: Saturday, June 2nd | 11:30 – 1:30 OR 1:30 – 3:30
Where: Sussex Bowl: N64W24576 Main Street
Cost: $10 per couple, $5 for each additional child
TICKETS WILL NOT BE SOLD AT THE DOOR
- Reserve your spot at : http://signup.com/go/vtaZeVD
- Print this flyer and send in your payment with the completed form.
Woodside Staff Appreciation Week
Our theme this year is
We LOVE our Woodside Staff!
We are very fortunate to be able to send our children to Woodside each day, knowing that the Woodside Staff is willing to go above and beyond to educate and care for our precious children.
Each day of staff appreciation week, we will be making and serving lunch to all 72 Woodside Staff members to show them how much we appreciate all their hard work and dedication to our children. Home & School will also be creating some fun and festive raffle baskets that each staff member will have an opportunity to win!
We need many volunteers and donations to make this week a success. Please consider volunteering for one or two shifts this week – it is a GREAT way to meet and interact with the wonderful people that work with our children every day. If you aren’t able to make it into the school, but still want to show our staff some love, please consider sending in an item or two from our donation request list.
Ways you can help:
- Make an item on our menu for Staff Appreciation Lunch and deliver to Woodside.
- Set up, refresh and/or clean up the daily lunches.
Click here to view the list of open donation items and volunteer positions.
For more information, Contact the Staff Appreciation week Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s the last Box Tops contest of the year!! And it’s a BIG one!! The grade level with the most unexpired submissions from now through May 8 wins an extra recess for the whole grade! With the warmer weather coming (please!), we know that everyone will work hard to get outside for extra time. Turn in Box Tops to your classroom box and help us improve on the $2100 already raised for Woodside. Ready! Set! Go!
It is that time again! Join your friends and neighbors for the upcoming Woodside Family Night at Culver’s in Sussex! We had a FABULOUS turn out earlier last year, raising HUNDREDS of DOLLARS for Home & School!
If you visit Culver’s on May 8th or 9th and present them with the coupon below when you order, 10% of the purchase will go to Woodside Home & School!!
When is it?
- Tuesday, May 8th — 1st, 3rd and 5th grades
- Wednesday, May 9th — 5K, 2nd and 4th grades
(Can’t make your grade’s night? Come on the other one!)
You can go at any time of the day on May 8th or 9th! However, Woodside Staff will be serving meals from 4:30-8:00 PM on both days.
Where is it?
W249 N6620 State Road 164, Sussex
This fundraiser cannot be much simpler:
- Click on the coupon below
- PRINT IT!
- Go to Culver’s
- Present the cashier with your coupon and: 10% of your order will go to Woodside Home & School
- Enjoy a night out with your family!
Remember: Bring your Coupon or Woodside Home & School will not receive credit for your visit!
(CLICK TO VIEW COUPON FOR COUPON-ONLY PRINTING)
Muffins with Mom 2018 registration is now open!
Muffins with Mom is scheduled for May 11th from 7:45-8:30.