Did you know?!
The school office has a binder with all the teachers’ Favorite Things List. It’s a big help when you start shopping for gifts for Teachers and Staff at Woodside this holiday season!
The list is current as of 12/7/2018 – any teacher or staff member which filled out the form and placed it in the binder is in the link below.
Click here to view the list!
Marcus Movie Ticket/Gift Card on sale now through December 14th!
Heading to the movies? Need gifts for the holidays, upcoming birthdays, or just planning ahead for a snowy day? Consider purchasing your Marcus tickets and gift cards here (gift cards also accepted by FANDAGO)! You will save money and support Woodside Home & School. Additionally, orders will include $3 Snack Cash for every 2 tickets purchased, and $5 Snack Cash for each $25 gift card purchased – so stock up now!! All order forms, including student and teacher’s name, and checks made payable to Woodside Home and School should be forwarded to school by Friday, December 14th, for delivery via kid mail by Friday, December 21st.
Click here to download the order form today!
Please contact Christine Kearney at email@example.com or 262-372-4107 with any questions or to make special arrangements.
It is that time again! Join your friends and neighbors for the upcoming Woodside Family Night at Culver’s in Sussex! We had a FABULOUS turn out earlier last year, raising HUNDREDS of DOLLARS for Home & School!
If you visit Culver’s on November 27th or 28th and present them with the coupon below when you order, 10% of the purchase will go to Woodside Home & School!!
When is it?
- Tuesday, November 27 — 1st, 3rd and 5th grades
- Wednesday, November 28 — 5K, 2nd and 4th grades
(Can’t make your grade’s night? Come on the other one!)
You can go at any time of the day on November 27th or 28th! However, Woodside Staff will be serving meals from 4:30-8:00 PM on both days.
Where is it?
W249 N6620 State Road 164, Sussex
This fundraiser cannot be much simpler:
- Click on the coupon below
- PRINT IT!
- Go to Culver’s
- Present the cashier with your coupon and: 10% of your order will go to Woodside Home & School
- Enjoy a night out with your family!
Remember: Bring your Coupon or Woodside Home & School will not receive credit for your visit!
(CLICK TO VIEW COUPON FOR COUPON-ONLY PRINTING)
By popular demand, MAD SCIENCE will be BACK AT WOODSIDE! Starting in January, kids can explore an all new theme – SPY ACADEMY!!!
Register to attend at http://milwaukee.madscience.org
- Sea Life!
Details: Tuesdays 3:30 – 4:30 pm
Class Dates: 6 week program – Nov. 6, 13, 27, Dec. 4, 11, 18, 2018 – No class Nov 20th!!
- Appropriate for students in K – 5th grade
- All classes held on site. Classes will be split as needed.
- All classes include cool take home items.
- Registration Deadline: Friday, November 2, 2018
Click here for the flyer: Woodside Mad Science Fall 2018.
Donuts with Dads
Dads and father figures of Woodside students:
Please join us on Friday morning, November 2, 2018 for our
annual DONUTS WITH DADS event.
EVENT IS FOR FAMILIES OF WOODSIDE ONLY!
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO RSVP
Springs water park passes are on sale again starting Friday, October 5 through Friday, October 26. This is a great way to support our school and get a huge discount on the waterpark passes! Attached is the flyer and order form, which include the expiration date and restriction dates. Orders will be filled as they are received. NEW THIS FALL…..ONLINE ORDERING!! CLICK HERE TO ORDER ONLINE! Please contact Jessica Ziegler at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Parents, after classes start on September 4th, swing by school to attend the Welcome to Woodside coffee event! This is a fun event that will take place from 8:45am – 9:45am on the first day of school for both new and returning parents, in the Woodside Lunchroom. This informal gathering offers an opportunity to get together for a morning of socializing, coffee and snacks. Plus, you will have a chance to meet some of the Home and School officers and talk with our principal. See you there!
The Woodside Spirit Wear store is officially open!!!
The Visit: http://woodsidehomeanschool.com/spiritwear to order!
Orders can be taken now through 11/18.
Everything will be delivered before Christmas!
On Aug. 14-15, Woodside will be holding their annual picture day.
Schedule at this time, is from 9-11:30 a.m. and then 6-8:30 p.m on each day.
Please click here to order your pictures and yearbook.
Paper order forms will be available on Picture Day.
Picture Retake Day is currently scheduled for October 3, 2018
2018-2019 Woodside Picture Day Order Form
Anyone Interested in Summer Tutoring???
My name is Mia Traverse, and I am a student at Hamilton High School. Our band has been offered the exciting opportunity to go to London next year. I am looking for a way to raise money and thought to offer my services in tutoring to anyone interested.
I have been tutoring grade school kids this Spring on a limited basis and will be to offer more this summer to help students work on skills for the next school year.
- Age: All ages
- Subjects: Math, reading/writing
- Where Tutoring Sessions Would Take Place: Sussex library
- Timing: Will be determined with interested families
- Fees (all proceeds will go towards my marching band trip to London): $10/hour
- Personal experience:
- I have been advanced in reading for several years, and therefore could help with reading and writing at many grade levels.
- I often peer edit my classmates’ papers and could help edit writing assignments and provide suggestions for improvement.
- I have been in advanced math since 2nd grade, and I am finishing this year as a Freshman taking Pre-Calc I & II, which are junior/senior-level classes. I have experience helping students of varying ages, from K5 through high school students that were in my own math class.
- I have demonstrated problems to the whole class before, which included showing all the steps and the thinking process to reach a solution. I’ve also experienced various different teachers and their teaching styles, and I’ve many different methods to introduce a concept if a student does not understand the traditional way to solve a problem.
Contact: Mia Traverse – email@example.com